Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

When Death Comes Knocking

It's a scary thing to thinking about for most of us. We live our lives, we hope, we pray and try and enjoy our natural surroundings especially in our fantastic but all too short summer. Then something unexpected happens. Something we never imagined. Something we keep far from our minds. Death touches a friend or family member. When someone has been sick for a long time, with cancer or some other disease, we are prepared. When we face the sudden death of a youth we are not. Today I visited my son. Before I could walk into the office, the director pulled me aside. “Can I speak to you privately for a minute?”. I walked away from my car a little apprehensive about what I was going to hear. Maybe my son got into a fight, maybe he needed stitches... “ One of our volunteers had a fatal car crash last night...he's on life support...they're pulling the plug this morning”. So many thoughts and questions flooded my mind as I made sincere condolences to him. He continued t...

Whirling

How beautiful an artifact you are The atom involved in your beating heart Flung from the vast wilderness of the stars A million years before Melted and boiled with a look Separated like sugar I see all levels in you When I whirl around making microcosms sha’af , law’ah , li’aj taym